- 1 How do I remove my MTD mower deck?
- 2 How do you remove a lawnmower deck from a yard machine?
- 3 How do you raise the deck on a yard machine riding mower?
- 4 How do you measure a mower deck?
- 5 How do you take the blades off a MTD riding lawn mower?
- 6 Is Bolens and MTD the same?
- 7 Should a mower deck be level?
- 8 How often replace mower deck belt?
- 9 How do you replace a belt on a MTD deck?
How do I remove my MTD mower deck?
Park the mower on a flat surface and stop the engine. Adjust the PTO lever to “Disengage.” Slide two, 2-by-4 wood blocks under each side of the mower deck. Grasp the left side of the belt guide, and pull it down and away from the pulley to allow removal of the deck drive belt.
How do you remove a lawnmower deck from a yard machine?
Deck Removal – Riding Mower ( Standard Decks )
- Lower the cutting deck engagement lever to the engaged or lowest position.
- Remove the hex bolts (belt keepers) next to the engine pulley.
- Unhook the drive belt from the engine pulley.
- Disconnect the deck hanger links by removing the hairpin cotters and flat washers.
How do you raise the deck on a yard machine riding mower?
Move to the left side of the deck, and locate the adjustable lift link, which is on a bracket toward the front of the mower deck and has an adjustable nut under a bracket flange. Turn the adjusting nut clockwise to raise the deck on the left side with a wrench, or counterclockwise to lower the left side of the deck.
How do you measure a mower deck?
If there is no obstruction, feed your tape measure through the pulleys, across the center of the deck, and hook it on the opposite side. For a round deck, locate the widest area of the circle, or the diameter, and extend your tape measure across that area. Note the distance on your tape measure. This is your deck size.
How do you take the blades off a MTD riding lawn mower?
Use a socket wrench and socket to loosen and remove the hex flange nut holding the blade in place. Turn the nut to the left, or counter clockwise to loosen and remove. Pull the blade down and off the spindle.
Is Bolens and MTD the same?
MTD Products is an American manufacturer of outdoor power equipment for the mass market. Over the years, MTD acquired the Troy-Bilt, Bolens, Cub Cadet, Craftsman (owned by its minority partner), and Yard-Man brands and/or companies. MTD also private labels for other brands under the “247” model prefix.
Should a mower deck be level?
For most effective results, a lawn mower deck should have a pitch of 1/8-inch to 1/2-inch between the height of the deck rear to the height of the deck front. In any case, the front of the deck needs to be pitched lower than the deck rear, but don’t pitch too much because deck pitch that’s too steep can scalp lawns.
How often replace mower deck belt?
Do you find yourself replacing your mower belts every year? If so, something is most likely wrong. You shouldn’t need to replace belts every year, or more in one year. A common cause of belt breakage is excessive grass clippings on the deck.
How do you replace a belt on a MTD deck?
How to Replace a Deck Belt on a MTD Riding Mower
- Push the deck adjuster into the lowest height possible.
- Tap the screws located around the belt.
- Pull the belt keeper rod off the belt.
- Loosen the idler pulley screws if you have a 42-inch mower.
- Pull the deck belt off the pulleys smoothly.
- Wrap the new belt around the three outside pulleys.