- 1 How do you take the axle cover off a Craftsman lawn tractor?
- 2 How long should a lawn tractor last?
- 3 How do you change the rear axle on a Troy Bilt lawn mower?
- 4 When should I replace my mower spindles?
- 5 How long do mower spindles last?
- 6 When should I replace my spindle?
- 7 Is 1000 hours a lot on a tractor?
- 8 Is it worth fixing a lawn mower?
- 9 What’s better Husqvarna or John Deere?
How do you take the axle cover off a Craftsman lawn tractor?
Pull the axle cover off a wheel with adjustable pliers. Slide the washer and retaining ring off the axle. Grasp the square key behind the wheel on the axle with needle-nose pliers and pull it straight up to remove it.
How long should a lawn tractor last?
A: “Most residential lawn tractors are made to last 250 to 300 hours, so you really need to know how many hours the tractor was used,” says Peter Sawchuk, who directs Consumer Reports lawn mower and tractor tests.
How do you change the rear axle on a Troy Bilt lawn mower?
How to Replace the Rear Axle Assembly on a Troy – Bilt TB130 Lawn Mower
- Prop up the rear end of the mower.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Pull down the wheel adjuster.
- Tip the lawnmower on its side.
- Remove the rear axle assembly.
- Install the new rear axle assembly.
- Tip the mower back down.
- Prop up the rear of the mower.
When should I replace my mower spindles?
How to Tell if Mower Deck Spindle is Bad
- Signs of a faulty mower deck spindle. Uneven grass after cutting. Bent and broken parts. Squealing sounds. Loud buzzing noise and vibration. Spindle failing to heat up.
- Fixing the spindle. Separate the spindle from its mower deck. Replace the spindle bearings. Installing the repaired or new spindle.
How long do mower spindles last?
The maintenance free spindles usually last about 2-3 years in commercial use.
When should I replace my spindle?
Worst case is the hub and wheels leave the vehicle and the spindle hits the ground causing it to bend. In these cases the whole spindle needs to be replaced. If you have more than 1 damaged surface, it means the spindle took some abuse and it would be better to replace the spindle.
Is 1000 hours a lot on a tractor?
A tractor with 1,000 hours is just broke in;as long as they are maintained should go to 5000-8000 with no problems. Your are putting about 40 hours a year(855 hours /21 years) you will never wear your tractor out at that rate.
Is it worth fixing a lawn mower?
Because they have a much higher price point—in the thousands of dollars— repairs costing several hundred dollars are often worth it. But if your riding mower’s engine is shot, then it might pay to get a new riding lawn mower rather than sinking any more money into the old one.
What’s better Husqvarna or John Deere?
Bottom line: The Husqvarna offers a wider cutting deck and more hp for the price, but is likely to cost you a lot more in the long run. The same size John Deere lawn tractor – John Deere D140-48 – would run you $100 more, but offer much better reliability and lower repair costs.