- 1 What size tractor do I need for a 7 foot bush hog?
- 2 How much HP does it take to run a bush hog?
- 3 What size tractor do I need for a 10 foot bush hog?
- 4 What can a 50 hp tractor do?
- 5 How much horsepower does a 6 foot bush hog need?
- 6 How wide should a Bush Hog be?
- 7 How much should I charge for bush hogging?
- 8 How much horsepower do I need for a 15 foot bush hog?
- 9 How long does it take to bush hog 1 acre?
- 10 What size tractor do I need to pull a 15 ft batwing?
- 11 How many horsepower is a 10 foot bush hog?
- 12 What is the most reliable tractor brand?
- 13 What is the best tractor for the money?
- 14 How much HP do I need in a tractor?
What size tractor do I need for a 7 foot bush hog?
Silver Member. Your PTO HP should be 5HP per foot (width) for things like a finishing mower, rotary cutter, tiller, etc. So for a 7 ‘ bushhog you should look at least 35HP @ the PTO and for a 9’ bushhog you should look at least 45HP @ the PTO. This is just a general rule of thumb.
How much HP does it take to run a bush hog?
The rule of thumb is 5 HP per foot of cutter. Thus a 5 foot bush hog requires 25 HP.
What size tractor do I need for a 10 foot bush hog?
If you want to use a 10 ‘ lift mount mower you’re going to need a really heavy tractor with good front-end ballast. It will need to have a 3pt hitch lift capacity in the several TON range! You’re probably looking at a tractor around 85-90hp. If you want to get a PULL type mower you could probably get by with less.
What can a 50 hp tractor do?
40 to 50 Horsepower Tasks such as plowing fields and baling small square hay bales are achievable with this level of horsepower, although you might find that challenging conditions, such as working in clay soil or pulling a wagon behind your hay baler, will push tractors of this strength to their limit.
How much horsepower does a 6 foot bush hog need?
The general rule of thumb is 5 PTO hp per foot of rotary cutter. So a 6 footer calls for 30 PTO hp or better.
How wide should a Bush Hog be?
A 5′ wide will probably work for clipping pastures, mowing tall fescue heads and weeds, but not down in the thick stuff or hay. A 4 ‘ wide would probably be better for lower cuts in thick grass, but I just don’t think it will be heavy duty enough for 5’ tall brush and saplings.
How much should I charge for bush hogging?
For legit bush hogging jobs I usually charge around $100 an acre. For that much acreage I’d give a discount and be around $75-$80 an acre. You are definitely low-balling yourself.
How much horsepower do I need for a 15 foot bush hog?
Bush Hog specifies a minimum of 50 HP.
How long does it take to bush hog 1 acre?
If grass up to waist high with my 40 Hp Tractor and a 5′ bush hog I can do an acre in about 35 minutes. I generally to be safe shoot for 100 per acre in tall grass, but with that kind of volume I would feel safe at 80 per acre. That would be right at $16,000.
What size tractor do I need to pull a 15 ft batwing?
Rhino and Jd recommend minimum of 55-60 hp for their 15 ‘ batwing mowers.
How many horsepower is a 10 foot bush hog?
|Model||Application||Min. PTO hp Required|
|CX15 10 ft||Commercial duty||55 hp (41 kW)|
|CX15||Commercial duty||55 hp (41 kW)|
|CX20||Commercial duty||80 hp (60 kW)|
What is the most reliable tractor brand?
Let’s have a look at the top 5 most reliable tractor brands on the market.
- Fendt Tractors (Germany)
- Massey Ferguson Tractors (United States)
- Case IH Tractors (United States)
- John Deere Tractors (United States)
- Claas Tractors (Germany)
What is the best tractor for the money?
5 of the Best Compact Tractor Choices
- John Deere 4066M Heavy Duty.
- Compact Farmall 45C CVT.
- Kubota L2501.
- Massey Ferguson 1740E.
- New Holland Boomer 55 Cab (T4B)
- 5 of the Best Sub Compact Tractors.
- 5 of the Best Compact Tractor Choices.
- 2017 Subcompact Tractor Comparison – Part 2.
How much HP do I need in a tractor?
or, 40-50 horsepower range is sufficient, providing manoeuvrability and is relatively affordable. If you want to do heavy work and need more power for serious field cultivation operation, a large tractor with 75 horsepower or more is the best option for you.