- 1 How big of a tractor do I need to pick up a round bale?
- 2 What size tractor do I need to pick up round bales?
- 3 What is the best bale spear?
- 4 Can you pick up round bales with pallet forks?
- 5 What is the best way to stack hay bales?
- 6 How high can you stack hay bales?
- 7 What kind of salt do you use for hay?
- 8 What are bale spears made of?
- 9 How long is a bale spear?
How big of a tractor do I need to pick up a round bale?
If you want to move 5×5′ round bales, realistically you’re looking at a 5 series tractor. The size also makes them good for working in the woods, as they have great ground clearance and enough mass to remain more stable than some smaller tractors.
What size tractor do I need to pick up round bales?
Bales run 1200-1500 lbs deending on 4×5, 5×5 or 5×6.
What is the best bale spear?
Top 4 Hay Forks for Tractor
- Titan Attachments 3,000 lbs Tractor Spear Attachment.
- Bucket Dual 49-Inch Hay Bale Spear.
- Titan Attachments Skidsteer Dual Hay Spear Bale.
- Titan 72-Inch Tine Bucket Silage Rake 39-Inch Hay Bale Spears.
- Hay Spear for Front End Loader Buying Guide.
Can you pick up round bales with pallet forks?
Moving Round Bales: You need to make sure that you have a big enough tractor to handle the work load, but its easy to get under a bale with a set of forks and put it where you need it to be swiftly. Putting Up Hay: Even if you ‘re moving square bales around, pallet forks can work perfectly.
What is the best way to stack hay bales?
Always stack hay with cut side down. That means the strings will always be on the side of the bale when you look at the stack. Not only does this deter mice from gnawing on the strings of the bale, it also allows moisture to run down through the stack to the bottom layer.
How high can you stack hay bales?
Three, for stability, make sure the stack height does not exceed 1.5 times the shortest base dimension. For example, if the stack is 20 feet wide and 40 feet long, the height should not exceed 30 feet.
What kind of salt do you use for hay?
Normally, they throw a handful of rock salt for every two bales, but if the bale seems a little greener, another handful can be added. For example, if the hay is dry, about 50 lbs. of fine salt can be used for about 400-500 bales. Sometimes, salt is put on just one or two topmost layers of the entire stack.
What are bale spears made of?
of the spear is made from high strength drop forged steel that gradually tapers to the base of the spear which is made from high strength carbon steel. The kit includes the spear, tapered sleeve, and nut. “Other bale spears have only a 6 to 8-in.
How long is a bale spear?
Use this hay bale spear to help you move your hay bales in the field. This Grizzly® bale spear is a conus 2 spear with an overall length of 49-1/4 inches with 44 inches of usable length. The diameter of this bale mover is 45 mm and 23 inches from the bushing has a maximum load capacity of 3,500 pounds.