- 1 How many horsepower is a Ford 9N tractor?
- 2 Are Ford 9N Tractors good?
- 3 What is the point gap on a 9N Ford tractor?
- 4 Is the Ford 3000 a good tractor?
- 5 Is a Ford 8N a good tractor?
- 6 Which is better Ford 8n or 9N?
- 7 What is the difference between a Ford 9N and 2N?
- 8 What type of oil does a Ford 9N tractor take?
- 9 What year is my Ford 9N tractor?
- 10 Does Ford 601 have live PTO?
- 11 How much weight can a Ford 8N pull?
- 12 How do you set the timing on a 9N Ford tractor?
- 13 How do you test a 9N coil?
- 14 How do you set points on a Ford tractor?
How many horsepower is a Ford 9N tractor?
The 9N weighed 2340 pounds and had 13 drawbar horsepower, which could pull a two-bottom plow. It was designed to be safe, quiet and easy to operate.
Are Ford 9N Tractors good?
There has been a 9N in my family for almost 45 years and has been used for all kinds of work.It is a damn good tractor and will still be around after everybody on this list is long dead.
What is the point gap on a 9N Ford tractor?
Points gap is. 015 spark plug gapis.
Is the Ford 3000 a good tractor?
A 3000 is one of the best small tractors ever built by any brand or color of that era. They are absolutely bulletproof. Good parts availability – both new and used, not hard to work on. They are nimble – especially with power steering, have an excellent power to weight ratio and shucky- darn, are just fun to drive.
Is a Ford 8N a good tractor?
The laws of supply and demand really work for you with an 8N tractor! With so many of these machines still in use, the price and availability of parts can’t be beat. You can have a lot of fun with a Ford 8N, too! If you are looking for an inexpensive, rugged, reliable tractor for basic chores, the 8N can’t be beat.
Which is better Ford 8n or 9N?
They really are basically the same. Only major differences are a couple horsepower, 8n has 4 speed trans and 9n has 3 speed trans. 8n is newer than the 9n and has more hp. Newer 8n have side distributor older 8n’s and 9n’s had front distributor.
What is the difference between a Ford 9N and 2N?
9N and 2N tractors had a 3-speed. The hydraulic 3-point arms have a halfway position between fully “up” and “down”. 9N and 2N tractors only had draft control. Both brake pedals are on the same side – 9N and 2N tractors were split.
What type of oil does a Ford 9N tractor take?
I’d say any good brand of 15W 40 would do. Most snake oil /additives will do no harm to your engine.
What year is my Ford 9N tractor?
The 9 was for the year, 1939, and N was Ford’s designation for tractor. The original price was $585. The best way to identify a tractor is by the serial number. Serial numbers on the 9N -2N and 8N tractors are located on the left side of the engine block, just below the head and behind the oil filter.
Does Ford 601 have live PTO?
It does have live hydro but does not have live pto. It has four forward gears..
How much weight can a Ford 8N pull?
The tractor weight according to the 8n manual is 2400+ pounds (I’d have to go get the manual to find the exact weight). This is without any fuel, oil or calcium in the tires. 3) you are risking damage to the trailer and a potential accident as a result.
How do you set the timing on a 9N Ford tractor?
Re: timing the ford 9n series You can adjust the ignition timing by loosening the screw and pushing up or down on the screw to move the distributor plate. Some N series tractors have timing marks on the flywheel wheel that you can see through an opening in the clutch housing on the right side of the tractor.
How do you test a 9N coil?
Connect the red (positive) probe of the multimeter to the outer, positive post of the ignition coil. The multimeter reads the resistance of the primary coil. If the reading does not fall in the range given by the Ford 9N service manual for your model year, the ignition coil should be replaced.
How do you set points on a Ford tractor?
How to Set Points Gap on 8N Ford Tractor
- Put your tractor in neutral.
- Locate the 4 spark plugs on the engine.
- Put the flat head of your screwdriver between the spring and distributor housing.
- Lift up the cap of the distributor.
- Locate the rotor (look at the middle of your distributor for a black pointer).
- Press and hold the foot-starter button.