- 1 Can you remove electric pole from property?
- 2 How do you remove a power pole?
- 3 How do you remove a light pole from the ground?
- 4 How do you remove a metal pole from the ground?
- 5 How can I hide my power pole in my yard?
- 6 Who owns the telephone pole in my yard?
- 7 How do you replace an outdoor light pole?
- 8 How do you dig a pole in the ground?
- 9 How do you get tree stakes out of the ground?
Can you remove electric pole from property?
Call the city and they will either call the utility or they will remove the pole. It may not be owned by the utility or the city, in which case it’s your problem, you can call a pole hole digging company to remove it. Or if you ‘re cheap, chainsaw it to the ground.
How do you remove a power pole?
Lower the Power pole to 1″ off the floor. Watching your fingers manually push the pole into the closed position. It will take a little strength to do so Manually lower the pole to the floor and then you can disconnect the lines.
How do you remove a light pole from the ground?
How to Remove a Light Pole
- Make sure the power to the light pole is turned off.
- Rig the pole to be lifted.
- Tie a rope around the base of the pole, and lay the rope to one side away from the pole.
- Use a socket wrench to remove the lock nuts on the base bolts holding the light pole in place.
How do you remove a metal pole from the ground?
- A low-tech, tedious method is to pull the pole and concrete out of the ground with a hydraulic jack. Use a 3ft long piece of 4×4 or larger lumber. Rest one end of the lumber on the jack.
- Hook a chain to the pole and pull over with a 4×4 truck, a tractor, or wrecker. or.
- Have it pulled up with a backhoe.
How can I hide my power pole in my yard?
How to Hide an Electric Pole in a Backyard
- Use a twining vine such as clematis to hide the pole. Use a wooden electrical pole as a support for evergreen or flowering vines, if your utility company and local government allow it.
- Plant a cluster of birch trees to disguise electrical poles.
- Hemlocks are dense enough to make a good screen.
Who owns the telephone pole in my yard?
It depends on who set them. Some are owned by the telephone company, some by the Power company. It also depends on where you are at, some places they are all power company poles. All the lines on the poles are there because of an agreement between the power, telephone, and cable companies.
How do you replace an outdoor light pole?
When taking on this DIY task, be sure to equip yourself with the proper safety gear.
- Turn off the power. Locate the circuit breaker for your light post and turn off the power.
- Detach the old fixture.
- Dig out the post.
- Feed the new cable into the post.
- Set the post.
- Plumb the post.
- Re-strip the wires.
- Wire the fixture.
How do you dig a pole in the ground?
How to Dig a Hole: Pro Tips
- Step 1: String your line and pound the stakes.
- Step 2: Carve out a soil divot with a spade.
- Step 3: Loosen earth with a tile shovel.
- Step 4: Use your clamshell digger.
- Step 5: Use a reciprocating saw on large roots.
- Step 6: Dislodge rocks with a digging bar.
- Step 7: Tamp the soil with the other end.
How do you get tree stakes out of the ground?
Remove the string or material that attaches the trees trunk to the tree stake. Use a hammer to remove each tree stake. Hit the stake on each side, causing the stake to move in a back-and-forth motion. After a few hits with the hammer the stake should be loose enough to pull from the ground.