- 1 How much is a Farmall Cub worth?
- 2 Is a Farmall Cub positive ground?
- 3 How fast does a Farmall Cub go?
- 4 What voltage is a Farmall Cub?
- 5 What is a 1948 Farmall Cub worth?
- 6 How much horsepower does a Farmall Cub have?
- 7 What was the Farmall Cub used for?
- 8 How do you test a Farmall Cub coil?
- 9 How do you set points on a Farmall Cub tractor?
- 10 How does positive ground work?
- 11 How much can a Farmall Cub pull?
- 12 What is the difference between a Farmall Cub and a Farmall A?
- 13 What engine is in a Farmall Cub?
How much is a Farmall Cub worth?
The rear tires may also need replacing. I know its hard to tell what one’s worth without pictures but if you guy’s can give me a general idea of what a running ’48 Farmall Cub is worth I would appreciate the help and advice. Most folks around here ask $2000-2500 for a Cub, pretty much regardless of condition.
Is a Farmall Cub positive ground?
Red = usually 12 volts and negative ground. Black = usually 6 volts and positive ground. Be sure and read the tag.
How fast does a Farmall Cub go?
It’ll take about 2400 RPM to get you over 10 MPH. That shouldn’t hurt the Cub engine any, 184s hold up just fine running that way.
What voltage is a Farmall Cub?
Farmall Cub generators operate on 6- volt systems. A generator must be polarized properly every time the battery is low or disconnected.
What is a 1948 Farmall Cub worth?
2ND 1948 CUB IS IT WORTH $900.
How much horsepower does a Farmall Cub have?
|Farmall Cub Power|
|Drawbar (claimed):||10 hp 7.5 kW|
|PTO (claimed):||11 hp 8.2 kW|
|Belt (claimed):||9.76 hp 7.3 kW|
|Plows:||1 ( 12 inch )|
What was the Farmall Cub used for?
The Cub was billed as the perfect machine for the small farmer, and a “chore boy” for the larger farmer. It had a 69-inch wheelbase, using a 4-cylinder gasoline engine. At 1600 RPM, it produced about 8 Horsepower at the drawbar, well above 1,200 pounds of drawbar pull.
How do you test a Farmall Cub coil?
Disconnect wire on side of distributor. Ignition on. Touch terminal end of wire removed from side of distributor to good ground, then immediately remove. You should see a spark at the spark plug gap every time you touch and remove the wire – providing you have voltage through the coil.
How do you set points on a Farmall Cub tractor?
How To Set Points
- First set engine to top dead center.
- Second take off the the cap and mark the rotor position on the body of the distributor.
- Third Mark the shaft in the bottom of the distributor.
- Four Now you have the distributor sitting on a clean table.
- Five Use the distributor point lube and lube the point rubbing block.
How does positive ground work?
A positive ground system works by directly connecting the chassis of a vehicle to the positive side of the vehicle’s battery. This system effectively earths the vehicle as the chassis attaches to the battery using a positive battery cable.
How much can a Farmall Cub pull?
A Cub will easily pull a 3000-pound boat around all day.
What is the difference between a Farmall Cub and a Farmall A?
The A or Super A would be the next size up from the cub. Slightly larger in physical size but about twice the horsepower. It is an excellent choice for someone needing something just bigger than the cub. The Super A will have hydraulics and standard pto.
What engine is in a Farmall Cub?
The Cub sat on a 69¼ inch wheelbase, using a 4-cylinder, C-60 gasoline L-head engine, that consisted of a 2⅝ inch bore by 2¾ inch stroke, with a displacement of 59.5 cubic inches.