- 1 Why does my Craftsman riding mower cut uneven?
- 2 Should a mower deck be level?
- 3 Can you put a bigger deck on a riding mower?
- 4 How high should my mower deck be?
- 5 How do you lower the wheels on a Craftsman lawn mower?
- 6 How do you adjust the handle on a Craftsman lawn mower?
- 7 Why does my belt keep slipping off my lawn mower?
- 8 How do you adjust the belt on a riding lawn mower?
- 9 What causes a lawn mower blade to keep coming loose?
Why does my Craftsman riding mower cut uneven?
Blade vibration also causes an uneven cut. Replace a worn blade belt because a worn belt won’t spin the blades correctly. Worn deck idler pulleys can also cause vibration, so replace any deck pulleys that don’t spin freely. Check the mower deck for damage and replace the deck if it’s bent.
Should a mower deck be level?
For most effective results, a lawn mower deck should have a pitch of 1/8-inch to 1/2-inch between the height of the deck rear to the height of the deck front. In any case, the front of the deck needs to be pitched lower than the deck rear, but don’t pitch too much because deck pitch that’s too steep can scalp lawns.
Can you put a bigger deck on a riding mower?
Yes, you can fit a bigger deck to you mower, but engine power and deck size are often proportional.
How high should my mower deck be?
For most effective results, a lawn mower deck should have a pitch, or height difference of 1/8-inch to 1/2-inch between the front of the deck to the back of the deck. Naturally, this makes the sweet spot about 1/4-inch of pitch, depending on the mower model.
How do you lower the wheels on a Craftsman lawn mower?
How to Adjust the Height on a Sears Craftsman Mower
- Locate the adjuster on one wheel.
- Move the lever from the notch it’s in by pulling the lever toward the wheel.
- Repeat this process for the other three wheels.
- Double-check that all four wheels have been set at the same height after you’ve finished adjusting them.
How do you adjust the handle on a Craftsman lawn mower?
Locate the lever handles between each wheel and the mower deck. Pull up on one lever handle, and push the handle toward the wheel. Move the handle up or down to adjust the height of the deck. Release the handle until it locks into a notch on the dial between the deck and wheel.
Why does my belt keep slipping off my lawn mower?
The drive belt may come off a riding mower because it is damaged or loose. When loose, the belt may slip, resulting in friction that, if it creates enough heat, can lead to a fire in the mower’s engine.
How do you adjust the belt on a riding lawn mower?
Push the belt keepers on the transaxle pulley down and slide the belt over the transaxle pulley. Pull the slack from the back of the tractor (transaxle pulley) and slide the belt on to the stationary and clutch idlers. This will increase the tension in the belt and hold it in place.
What causes a lawn mower blade to keep coming loose?
A missing key in the crankshaft or broken/sheared key in the blade adapter will cause this. When you took the blade off did the blade adapter fall off? If so, the key could have also fallen off and you didn’t put it back.