- 1 How do I know which Kohler engine I have?
- 2 How do I read my Kohler serial number?
- 3 Where do I find my Kohler model number?
- 4 What do the first two digits indicate on a 10 digit Kohler serial number?
- 5 When was Kohler engine made?
- 6 What is an engine serial number?
- 7 Where is the serial number on a Kohler toilet?
- 8 How do I identify my Kohler toilet seat?
- 9 How do I know what type of toilet I have?
- 10 Are Kohler toilet tanks interchangeable?
- 11 What does the first set of engine numbers represent?
How do I know which Kohler engine I have?
The model number on a KOHLER engine is located on a silver decal, which is typically attached to the blower housing of the engine. In addition to the model number, this decal will also include specification and serial numbers.
How do I read my Kohler serial number?
Serial numbers for KOHLER and STERLING products are usually 8 to 11 characters long, most commonly 9 characters long. Most serial numbers start with the letter “S” and the remaining characters will be alpha and/or numeric. The serial numbers for Steam Generators and DTV start with any alpha or numeric character.
Where do I find my Kohler model number?
The model number is printed on a tag that is attached to the cold water supply line of the faucet. The supply line is located below the sink, countertop, bath rim, or behind the bowl of a bidet. The model number, or part number, is typically preceded by “P/N.”
What do the first two digits indicate on a 10 digit Kohler serial number?
I did some searching and found that starting in 1985 Kohler went to a 10 digit serial number, the first two digits indicate year of manf, and digits 3, 4 and 5 indicate the day of the year that it was made. Example: 3725510551 indicates built on the 255th day of 2007.
When was Kohler engine made?
The year and day in which your engine was built was the 103rd day of 1995. The first five numbers of your serial number indicate this. With our newest 10 digit serial number format, you just have to add 70 to the first two numbers to find out the year of manufacture.
What is an engine serial number?
The engine serial number is the complete number shown. This is made up of. the list number or build list, typically 2 to 4 letters followed by 4 or 5 numbers. a letter identifying the country. a series of numbers showing the build line, also called a serial number.
Where is the serial number on a Kohler toilet?
Serial numbers are located behind the access panel, on the back of the lid, on the underside of the toilet, or under the vitreous shell.
How do I identify my Kohler toilet seat?
Identifying Your Toilet Seat Model
- KOHLER plastic toilet seats have a KOHLER logo molded into the bottom of the toilet seat ring.
- As of October 2019, most KOHLER plastic toilet seats have the model number and color code printed on the underside of the toilet seat hinge.
- The seat must be removed from the toilet to view the model number.
How do I know what type of toilet I have?
Finding your toilet manufacturer and/or model number: Carefully remove the toilet tank lid and set it gently on the floor, with the bottom facing up. Look for the manufacturer name or a number on the bottom side of the water tank lid.
Are Kohler toilet tanks interchangeable?
It is unlikely that tanks will be interchangeable if you replace a toilet tank with one from a different manufacturer. Problems with mismatched tanks and bowls include hardware not lining up and poor balance on the bowl. Even if the bolts line up, the new tank may leak or be wobbly.
What does the first set of engine numbers represent?
The numbers in the first column represent the engine size, in cubic inches. The second column represents the design series. This number is the first digit after the engine size (displacement). The third column represents the position of the crankshaft, the type of governor and type of carburetor.