- 1 How do you tighten the belt on a Craftsman riding lawn mower?
- 2 How do you tighten the belt on a riding lawn mower?
- 3 What is a ground drive belt?
- 4 What size belt goes on a Craftsman 42 inch deck?
- 5 What size belt does a craftsman LT1000 take?
- 6 What size belt do I need for my Craftsman riding mower?
- 7 Why does my belt keep slipping off my lawn mower?
- 8 Can you stretch a lawn mower belt?
How do you tighten the belt on a Craftsman riding lawn mower?
Push the belt keepers on the transaxle pulley down and slide the belt over the transaxle pulley. Pull the slack from the back of the tractor (transaxle pulley) and slide the belt on to the stationary and clutch idlers. This will increase the tension in the belt and hold it in place.
How do you tighten the belt on a riding lawn mower?
How to Tighten a Riding Lawnmower Belt
- Turn off the engine of your lawnmower and disconnect the spark plug wire as well.
- Locate the main frame tube on your lawnmower.
- Locate the belt, also known as the drive belt, inside the deck of your lawnmower.
- Tighten the belt of your lawnmower by shortening the location of the main frame inside the clamps.
What is a ground drive belt?
The ground drive belt connects the engine crankshaft to the transaxle pulley to drive the rear wheels. If the belt breaks, the lawn tractor won’t move. If the belt is worn, the lawn tractor moves sluggishly because the belt slips on the pulley.
What size belt goes on a Craftsman 42 inch deck?
174883. AYP / Craftsman / Sears Deck Drive Belt fits 42 ” cut (2002-2003). Size: 5/8″ x 97″. Replaces part number 174883.
What size belt does a craftsman LT1000 take?
Craftsman LT1000 917.271814 Deck Belt Size 95″ or 95.5″
What size belt do I need for my Craftsman riding mower?
AYP / Craftsman / Sears Drive Belt fits 8 HP 36″ & 42″ cut front engine riders blade belt. Size: 1/2″ x 82-5/8″. Replaces # 140067.
Why does my belt keep slipping off my lawn mower?
The drive belt may come off a riding mower because it is damaged or loose. When loose, the belt may slip, resulting in friction that, if it creates enough heat, can lead to a fire in the mower’s engine.
Can you stretch a lawn mower belt?
Yes, lawnmower belts can stretch. Continuous wear due to regular operation can cause them to elongate over time. When it stretches more than it should, it can result in the drive belts lose grip on the pulley system.